Your objectives for the rest of this course are to:
- Learn how to correctly perform 4 KLT exercises.
The four full-body exercises (upper body movements combined with various lower body actions) to learn are:
- Posterior Pull + Double-Leg Squat
- Anterior Push + Anterior Lunge
- Opening Arc + Split Squat
- Closing Arc + Weight-Shifting Squat
- Determine the level of intensity that suits you for each exercise.Review the lesson on intensity here.
Four examples of each of the 4 exercises will be presented: a home version using bands and a gym version using cables plus a regressed (simplified) version and a progressed (more challenging) version. So you will have the option of training at home or at the gym and at a level of intensity that suits you.
- Develop a good level of co-ordination and confidence.
Remember to take your time with carefully studying the correct performance of the 4 exercises taught in the videos that follow in the next few lessons.
- Combine the four exercises you have learned to perform your first KLT workout.
- ideally one lighter band + one heavier band, with a secure (knee level) low anchor point + a secure (chest level) mid anchor point + a secure (above head level) high anchor point.
- Multi-plate cables / pulleys with adjustable anchor points including a low point, a mid point and a high point.